Limited Company and Joint Stock Company registration
procedures and documentary requirements are
described in this section. You can find the
procedures and documentary requirements for
Opening a Liaison Office or Opening a Branch
in those sections.
- The original
and two notarised copies of the
Articles of Association must be submitted
the Trade Registry Office within
15 days from the date of notarisation
together the documents listed in
Documentary Requirements section below
- For Limited Companies, the Articles
of Association must conform to Article
279 of the Turkish Commercial Code.
- For Joint Stock Companies, Articles
of Association must conform to Articles
506 and 511 of the Turkish Commercial
- The trade name must
be in Turkish and must conform to Article
45 of the Turkish Commercial Code. Applicants
should check with a Trade Registry Office
to find out if their trade names have already
been registered. The trade name must not
be misleading or offensive and should not
include any sensitive words or expressions.
- Registered address of a Company is the address to which official notifications
will be sent. The registered address must be stated in the Articles of Association,
and any changes must be registered with the registry office.
- 25% of the cash capital must be fully paid within three months from the
date of incorporation. The remainder must be paid up within three years.
- Once established, the Company must register at tax the office.
- A written request
for registration, accompanied by the completed
application form for company establishment
notification. The documents must be filled
in and signed by persons with signature
authority representing the company
- Notarised specimens of signature of persons authorised to represent the
company together with the company trade name.
- Letter of Commitment in accordance with Article 29 of the Trade Registry
- Bank receipt of the deposit paid to the Consumers’ Fund account,
amounting to one thousandth of the company capital
- For founders who are real persons of Turkish nationality, certified copies
of their ID certificates and residence certificates
- For founders who are real persons of non-Turkish nationalities, a copy
of the person’s passport to be presented together with the passport
or its notarised copy
- For foreign legal entity shareholders, the original copy and a notarised
translation of the Certificate of Business Activity issued by the competent
authorities approved by the related Turkish Consulate. To take advantage
of the unique certification services provided by the Chamber, click on Certification.
- If there are movable and immovable assets or any rights to be brought in
as capital, an expert’s report for ascertaining the value of these
assets together and the court decision for the assignment of the expert.
- For Regulated sectors such as Banks, Private Finance Institutions, Insurance, Financial Leasing, Factoring, Holdings, Foreign Currency Exchange Offices, Public Warehousing, founders and operators of Free Trade Zones and companies subject to the Capital Markets Law, approval from the
Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
To access the documents required for registration,
click on the web sites below:
of the First Economic Counsellor,
of Commerce and Industry,